Pages

Sunday, 9 May 2010

Paul Chambers to stand trial tomorrow


Paul Chambers, who in my view is being wrongly prosecuted in the Twitter "bomb hoax" case, stands trial tomorrow.

For background and links, see here, and why the court allowed Paul to vacate the original Guilty plea is set out here.

I understand that my blogging on this case led indirectly to a change of solicitor and a change of plea to Not Guilty.

So I really hope it all works out.

It is not appropriate for me to say any more on the eve of a live criminal trial, but I will blog on the outcome tomorrow.


COMMENTS MODERATION

No purely anonymous comments will be published; always use a name for ease of reference by other commenters.

1 comment:

raincoatoptimism said...

a rubbish joke gone awry, but these measures are a step too far. Will await your own conclusions, Allen.